Utilize Email Feed
Once website development is completed, Web Design Just For You suggests that you maximize your website’s marketing ability. Having a website to let the public know about your business is great. But there is more you can do to build your business with your website. This is what we call “working your web.”
The first step in any business is to establish knowledge of your presence. You want to let the public know that your business exists, what kind of business you are, and whether you have a physical location, do business on the web, etc. In order to do this, you list yourself in the yellow pages, you hand out flyers, you buy advertising in the newspaper, you promote a “grand opening,” and you put yourself on the internet by having a well designed website.
Now that your website is out there, what can you do? Is it enough to hope that someone will search for you or your products and find you? No, it is not enough. There is more you can do.
- Make sure that you print the website name on your business cards.
- Make sure that you print the website name on all paper advertisements, flyers, and brochures. (You’d be surprised how many people forget to do this.)
- Suggest to your customers to sign up for your email feed subscription that you have on your website. (See top right of this website for example.) Explain to them if they do this, then anytime you offer a sale, special offer, or post an interesting article pertaining to your product line or area of business, your customers/subscribers will automatically be noticed by email.
- Regularly post articles, sales, coupons, or any other type of inducement that your website can email to your subscribers and bring them back to your store. Some businesses even hold classes to draw customers, i.e., quilting classes in a fabric store, and your website is a perfect way to let them know what you are doing.
- Use your website to continually put your business name through the mind of your customers by this method. Make the name of your business stick in their minds. Provide good service and good product and your customer base will grow through word of mouth as you keep spreading the name of your business and website!