Kickstart Your Career Options with These 11 Resources
Maintaining your career trajectory may be impossible given the new normal for employment. Many roles are going remote, countless companies are closing entirely, and eCommerce is now a way of life. But there is hope whether you want to start a new business or simply find a remote job that fits your skill set.
If you’re setting up an online business, Web Design Just for You can help. Otherwise, these resources can help you reach your professional goals, even if they don’t include business ownership.
Take Advantage of Small Business Perks
Now might be an excellent time to start a small business. A combination of financial support and plenty of consumers wanting to shop online, launching a company could be a great choice.
- Look into financial help for companies – including programs that offer startup funds.
- Choose an organizational model that allows you to continue working remotely into the future.
- Develop a solid business plan to ensure your brand gets off the ground.
- Prioritize small business web design to charm online customers and enhance your profits.
Make Work-at-Home Your New Normal
If launching a company isn’t in the cards, finding remote work could be. Consider these resources to find and excel in a from-home job.
- Work on learning niche-specific skills to enhance your odds of landing a selective job.
- Pursue an advanced degree to enhance your resume and round out your business abilities.
- Focus on networking – connecting with professionals in your desired niche can help expand your reach.
- Study up so you can ace your next virtual selection process and interview.
Use Veteran Programs for Support
Many special opportunities and programs are available to veterans looking for work. Explore these options when seeking employment.
- Investigate whether you qualify for specific veterans’ benefits to help make ends meet.
- Check out hiring opportunities exclusively for veterans (including remote roles).
- Explore openings with the Department of Veterans Affairs, which hires veterans
Since the days of walking into a business and asking for an application are long gone, professionals need to change up their approach when seeking employment. Whether you want to start an independent venture or are hoping to get hired on at a big company, these resources can help you find your way.
For a stellar website, great SEO, or even beautiful business cards, connect with Web Design Just for You!
Photo via Unsplash
Author: Courtney Rosenfeld
Courtney started gigspark.biz to be a resource and the first step for people who are looking to join the gig economy, either to supplement their income or as a way to fulfill their dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.
Web Design Just For You services nationwide with offices Modesto, CA (ph: 209.622.0654).
Content Disclaimer: This article was authored by the writer/author indicated above in his/her personal capacity. The opinions and views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the view or opinions of Web Design Just for You, or Eileen Forte.
We strive to deliver a level of service that exceeds the expectations of our customers.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are friendly and knowledgeable and look forward to assisting you.
"The excellent customer service our clients receive is what sets us apart from our competitors....I guarantee you will not be disappointed with our products and services."
Eileen Forte, Owner
Web Design Just For You